EMS of Georgia offers a full spectrum of options provided in accordance with our patients’ conditions and specific medical needs:
Quality and compassion best describes our organization. You can see it in the way we care for our patients’ every day. EMS of GA has one rule, customer service and patient care is the number one priority.
We provide the following services:
Basic Life Support Ambulance Service (BLS)
- We provide BLS Ambulance Services for patients requiring a basic level of medical care or monitoring. Patient care is provided by an Emergency Medical Technician Intermediate (EMT-I) and may include maintaining IV Solutions and oxygen therapy.
Advanced Life Support Ambulance Service (ALS)
- We provide ALS Ambulance Service for patients requiring an advanced level of medical care or monitoring. Patient care is provided by an Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic and may include cardiac monitoring, maintaining IV Solutions with medications and oxygen therapy.
Critical Care Ambulance Service
- We provide SCT-Ambulance Service for patients requiring equipment and/or medical care or monitoring beyond that normally provided by the ALS Ambulance. Specialty Care Transport Units are used to transfer patients requiring ventilator support or patients on multiple medications that require close monitoring during the transfer. Most SCT transports originate in the Emergency Department or hospital ICU, CCU or other intensive care units within the facility.
Behavioral Health Non-Emergency Transportation
- We provide Behavioral Health transfers for patients requiring transportation to or from a mental health and addiction treatment center
- When most people think of “ambulance” they think of flashing red lights and a life-threatening situation. In reality, a large portion of what we do includes providing pre-scheduled basic life support and advanced life support ambulance transportation of patients between hospitals and other healthcare facilities. These trips, commonly referred to as inter facility transfers, are an important part of delivering world class healthcare to a community.